Friday, December 30, 2011

# 57

So.....God has a way of keeping everything in perspective. There is a huge understatement!! I had a wonderful Christmas and I am looking forward to the New Year. Things have changed sooo much! It is so easy to allow yourself to get depressed and look at everything from a negative point of view, but God has a way of saying "don't you dare!" You will get a kick out of what happened this morning....
At 4:00 a.m. my daughter came pounding on our door to let us know that our van had been stolen right out of the driveway! She was crying and didn't know what to do...Ben jumped up and ran to the door, I guess to see with his own eyes and I grabbed the phone and dialed 911. Patsy had started the van to warm it up at 3:45 a.m. And at 4:00 she had walked out to go to work and it was gone. Her brother was up because he is working nights and was off but trying to stay on the same schedule. So he had been talking to her and actually kept her from walking out a 3:55. If he hadn't been talking she might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. The timing on the whole thing gives me goose bumps!!! What if they had guns...or if she was in the van when they came to take it? There is no point in going down this road of thought except to realize how much God was watching out for her. It didn't hit me until the police officer left. Benjamin had already left to take Patsy to work and Ben and I were sitting on the couch in shock when we just held hands and prayed. Then I picked up my phone and called her just to hear her voice.... God is merciful in more ways than I know how to put into words!! My life could have changed forever in just a ten minute span!

On a more humorous note.... the van was found within 2hrs. It had two blown tires and apparently they were using our van to break into someone else's house. BUT, they left their cell phone in the van!! The police officer found the phone and the last text that they sent out stating.... "we need you to come get us it's an emergency!!" I was having a "here's your sign" moment! But I still found myself almost overwhelmed with gratitude! In just seconds your life could be going down a whole other road and it might not be what you want...or God could show mercy.

Just like Christmas morning when I was thanking God for allowing me to have Christmas with my family. I almost wasn't here for Christmas this year. God allows a lot to happen to help us to grow in Him and it can be hard to see but when we do? Our love for Him multiplies exponentially! I have a lot to deal with every day, but I am here to deal with it...and so is my baby girl! Thank-you for watching over her Father, I would love to have more time with her here on this earth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment