Tuesday, April 3, 2012

# 79

I went in today to find out about my MRI while doing a chemo treatment. So funny how it all came about....I did my labs and then went and did my chemo then I was to go visit the doctor and discuss my MRI results. Well, I got done with chemo and went back over to see him and he walks in with a clip board with just a post it on it with my name. Ben and I rolled laughing! Okay, not much to report I guess? The doctor just laughed and said it was just to let him know who was in here everything was on the computer. So he said the only thing he wanted to discuss was how I was doing on my Gemzar. He said I was breezing through the treatments so I can do 3 on and 1 off, meaning weeks of treatments instead of 2wks on and 1wk off. My body is responding well and I feel really good. So that was really good news! Then he was going to let me go....we were like....uhhhh ...the MRI? It was so funny! So he went to the computer and pulled it up and read it and said there was no change. No growth and where it showed the hemorrhage they said you could see it but it was obvious that it was old blood and not anything new. He was so relaxed and not worried explaining all this that we were relaxed as well and laughing. He said that the radiation would continue to work and that there could definitely be more shrinkage. He was very glad I still had no symptoms and was relieved to see how well I was doing and feeling.

I am just amazed at how God works. It is in His time, in His way and I love to see how He moves. I know I am here because He wants me here. How should I respond to that? With a joy that is indescribable! I am in His hands and He loves me and cares for me in ways that are beyond my comprehension, just like today! I go in not knowing what exactly to expect just knowing that it will be okay. Then we talk to the doctor and God is there. The doctor is not worried and my body is responding well to the treatments and there is no new growth in my brain. Sounds like God's hands are all over it :))

I get to wake up tomorrow knowing once again that I am in the hands of my Father, My Creator, My Sustainer, My Savior, the Lover of my Soul! And He still wants me here :))

No comments:

Post a Comment