Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blog : # 17

My trip to the emergency room. I just wanted to give an account of what happened to me this past week. My brother and family came to visit this past week and we were having so much fun!! With games, late nights and then a trip to the creek. We had a blast as you can see from the pics my brother and niece put on facebook. But, by the time I got home I was in some serious pain. I was assuming that I just dislocated a vertebrae or pulled a muscle. So I was icing and heating and taking pain pills, but to now avail. By the time my brother left Friday morning I was bed ridden. I was hoping there would be some improvement by Saturday, but there wasn't so I called the hospital and told them I was headed in. I got up to take a shower and the pain was more than I could handle. I felt the fading coming over and screamed for Patsy. She came running in and was able to catch me as my knees buckled under me. She called my husband and he was there within six minutes.

Weird things happen when you have something like that happen. I had Patsy cover me with towels and had her call the boys in so I could tell them that I loved them. It was right scary to not know exactly what was going on and it dealing with my neck scared the phooey out of me.

Needless to say, Ben got home and helped me get dressed and to the van and off to the hospital we went. It was very painful but the drugged me up when I got there and soon transferred me to Saint Thomas. From there it was test after test after test. One MRI was three hours long!! Talk about pain! But the end results were worth it.

My tumor isn't restricting the blood vessels, it hasn't degraded the vertebrae and they will be able to radiate it and give me relief so I can go home. As soon as I get out of the hospital I will be doing a full detox and going in overdrive with oxygen therapy. I can't wait to get back on shcedule!!

I will try to update again as soon as possible!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Robin, I just recently contacted your mom (who happens to be my Aunt) because I heard about your illness from my mom (your Aunt Ruby). Yes, I am your cousin and I know it has been around thirty years since I have talked with your mom. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete