Tuesday, October 16, 2012

#  99

Okay, there is so much to cover I will try not to take too long in saying it.  But, it is all good :))  I was wanting to take a trip with my husband down to Tampa to visit my sister and we had so many things happen that I just couldn't do it.  So my sister calls and says that she wants to buy me and my daughter plane tickets so we can come down for a visit.  I cried for days every time I'd think about it!  My daughter was beside herself since she has never been on a plane before and we were going to Universal Studios as well.

We started to plan and laugh and be so excited we could hardly breath!  Then my sister sends a text and says she needs me to speak to her ladies and give my testimony since they were going through "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge.  Okay, I don't mind doing that because I've read the book and it changed my life.  So if God receives glory, I'm totally okay with that.  Then she sends another text...now I'm singing in the choir and singing a solo.  Feeling a little nervous now... but I would love to participate!  So the day is getting nearer and nearer we are coming undone.  Oh, wait, one more text...my sister got a hold of my Aunt Betty and my cousin Melissa and we were spending Friday with them.  I'm not sure I could feel any happier!

So the day arrives and off to the airport we go!  We leave from Tri-Cities to Charlotte then to Tampa.  It was short trips and Patsy was all about pics and looking out the window :)  We arrive to 85 degree weather....yeah.  We get off the plane and both Patsy and I are starving so Patina takes us to the Cheesecake Factory.  It was delicious but it always is.  We laughed and talked and headed to her house via a short tour of her church and neighborhood.  We spent the evening with Patina and Shawna looking at old pictures and planning for the next day with Aunt Betty at the beach.  Patsy and I went to bed happy and pleasantly tired.
Friday we woke packed up some stuff and put on our suits to head to Anna Maria Island.  We went to Aunt Betty's and met Melissa there.  We hugged, laughed, cried, and packed up in Melissa's van and headed to the beach.  We had lunch at Mr. Bones which was awesome then headed to the water.  It was perfect!  Clear, sea foam green water at about 80-85 degrees and beautiful white sands.  We got into the water and didn't want to get out...it was dreamy :))  We headed back to Aunt Betty's and I was feeling pretty tired so we pulled out her old pics and everyone sprawled out and passed pics around and walked and laughed down memory lane.  It was a night I won't forget! :))
Saturday was spent just hanging out with Patina, Patrick and Shawna.  We hung out in her pool, played a blind taste test game...watched Youtube...it was so much fun!
Sunday was incredible! To be a part of the choir, to praise and worship with my sister's church, to hear my niece sing, and my nephew play the guitar I was overwhelmed.  Then I had a chance to give my testimony to Patina's class.  God was present and I'm thankful for His blessing.  I was able to share and God blessed, He is just so faithful.  The icing on the cake for me was that Aunt Betty and Melissa with her girls were able to come that Sunday morning.  We all went to lunch and caught up even more if that is possible.  It was just so wonderful :))
On Monday morning it was time to head to Universal Studios.  I don't have enough words to say how awesome this was!!  It was me, Patsy, Shawna, Patina and Debbie.  We rented a wheelchair and were able to take the fast track on the rides.  It was really awesome and I wasn't hurting at all. The rides were so smooth and fun that I was overjoyed!  Until the last ride which was Spiderman 3D and it shook and jarred me so bad I was hurting pretty good by the time we got back to the house.  I used the heating pad that night and it was relieving, but when we got home (back to TN)  I was in so much pain I was crying.
I learned my lesson the hard way, my back and good hip had pulled muscles so last week was spent in bed with pain pills and heating pads.  But I was able to go and I thank God for it.  I go for more scans in two weeks so I'm anxious to get that done and see where I stand.  I don't feel worried, I feel like God is still in control :))  I love Him for giving me a weekend with my sister, it was wonderful, thank-you Father :))

1 comment:

  1. Am so glad that you enjoyed your visit, but I'm extremely jealous, too! LOL! It's okay! All in God's timing, my friend! All in God's timing! It's awesome that you got to speak to the ladies group...especially since they were going through "Captivating"! Thank you so much for sharing with me about it years ago! It changed my life, too! Well, my friend, know that I love and miss you. Will get with you soon, either via the internet, my mail, or phone. Did Ben ever get Skype hooked up for you? We need to do that! TTYL! Love you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete