Friday, October 22, 2010

Blog # 27

Okay, went to see the evil oncologist on Thursday........and it was quite enjoyable!! My unsupportive husband came with me and it was great! I didn't talk until the very end and it was great to watch him squirm....tee! hee! He went right into wanting me to do chemo but my husband reminded him that he said it really wouldn't help. Then reminded him that he stated that when my ovaries were out it should stop the growth since it was estrogen that was making my cancer grow. He stuttered quite a bit. But my favorite was when he recommended another pill that is a blocker not chemo and my husband said he would like to take that info back to our primary care physician and have him look over it for us then help us decide if that is something we would like to do....there was silence. It was wonderful!!

He actually told us that he knew I wouldn't be dead by next summer he was just trying to scare me!! What in the world?!! Scare me into taking his treatments?! It just made me mad as fire!!! After we got the info on the pill he wants me to take he didn't come back into the room he sent a nurse to let us know all the disclaimers that come with it. There was a whole page of disclaimers and they were identical to when I was on chemo...... hair loss, nausea, fatigue, damage to my nail beds, possible liver damage, heart damage, etc. It was truly a joke. If this just affected my cancer cells it would be fine, but it will affect everything else! How does that help me? It even had in the warnings (and they were three pages long!!!!!) that I had to be careful with what supplements and vitamins that I take because it might counteract the pills. Okay, am I the only one that sees a problem with this?!

Needless to say, my husband and I will not be pursuing this means of treatment, but we did get him to admit that I should be having scans quite frequently and he should have already set one up for me since I got out of the hospital. I am excited about that! I don't have my ovaries in so everything I have been doing should really have been making a difference. I will let everyone know as soon as I know when the scans will be.

Even though he was changing his tune in front of my husband, I still don't like the guy. He really acts like he can bully me and then explain it off because he was trying to help. That is soooo wrong!!!

On the positive side.....I am feeling great!!! I don't have pain anywhere except for my neck and it is very minimal. Only when I turn to far and I am able to turn my head really well without much pain at all!! I don't have bone pain, just muscle and I am starting to wonder if it is more due to radiation than the tumor. Before radiation it was very painful in the muscle and bone, now it is no bone, and very little muscle.

God is sooooooooo Good!! Until later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment