Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog #31

I am just amazed at how God works!! This week has been one long mental battle and at every turn I was saying out loud, "I don't care what you are trying to do satan, I am trusting God!!" I know that I serve a God that is bigger than any cancer and it is all up to Him and His will for me. So knowing this my x-rays on Monday were laid in His hands. I went today to see my radiologist and see what he wanted to do, it anything needed to be done. This is what I found out.

When my oncologist told me there was some spots still growing it feels like getting kicked in the gut one more time. So I just said, I don't care what they say, I know that I am doing what is right!! Trust and faith reach a whole new level! So my hot spots were, according to my oncologist, my hip and neck. So he scheduled some x-rays to see if anything needed to be done, if it was critical or not. My radiologist immediately pulled up my bone scans and x-rays and showed them to me.

Hmmmmm. I was looking at my neck, it was substantially smalller! My hip didn't look larger either.....but my arm looked not so good. So, what is going on? So I say it out loud to my radiologist..."My tumor in my neck looks half to three fourths smaller! Am I seeing that right?"
Dr. "Yes, I'm not worried about your neck."
Me "Okay, but my hip and pelvic doesn't look bigger either....?"
Dr. "Well, there is activity but not much growth, we just don't want it to get to where it hurts."
Me "Oh, well my arm doesn't look good and they said it was minimal growth."
Dr. "Yes, that is the only spot of real concern. And it isn't life threatening, just painful and we don't want that bone to break."
Me "Oh....okay. I lift stuff all the time....that's kind of scary!"
Dr. "Just be careful and once we fix it you will be fine."
Me "Ok....what are the other spots on my vertebrae?"
Dr. "They are two more smaller spots that have been there but they are receding."
Me "Getting smaller?"
Dr. "Yes, the hormone inhibitor must be working."
Me (winking at my daughter) "Yeah, it must be. So my tumors in my neck and back are smaller and in my hip and pelvic bone are about the same, so the only real "growth" is in my arm?"
Dr. "yes, and we will take care of that for you."

How is that for God working things out? He even said in his conversation with me that he wanted to take care of that spot in my arm so I don't have to come back in six months and take care of it again. Then he laughed and said he knew i'd still be here, but I shouldn't have to worry about it later. Where is my uncool-ogist when I need him?!!!!!! It made for a good day :) God has taken care of me every step of the way.... how can I NOT praise Him?!!!!

Now I am just looking forward to the day when I can say it is gone! That will be a pink letter day......sorry, just thought pink with breast cancer....oh, never mind! It will be a day to remember for the rest of my life!!!

2 comments:

  1. Robin, that is just so amazing. I am so happy for you that you can see some confirmation that what you are doing is working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, What a blessing! Yes, God is amazing and loves to take care of His children.
    Sue (your cousin from Ohio)

    ReplyDelete