Monday, June 28, 2010

Blog : #5

I had a great visit today with several people I have never met before. One of the ladies, Crystal, was in the exact situation I am in right now. Actually hers was worse than mine and she sought out for herself some "self" remedies. We realized that I am doing what she discovered worked for her. And she is cancer free!! How awesome is that!! Just another confirmation that I am doing the right thing.

In the midst of our conversation we were talking about all that we went through and the steps of the process and it brought something up that I wanted to share. I am increasingly irritated with the MD process that they put you through when it is discovered that someone has cancer. As soon as something is found they want to biopsy, x-ray, MRI, etc.... This only makes it worse!! Cancer has a membrane around the mass and when you biopsy it you literally "let it out" and it will spread because of it. And mammograms, MRI, etc. is radiating it!! Yeah, let's make it grow really fast!! But we as the normal, ignorant populace just follows along because they are the ones with degrees not us. It is a crazy catch 22!! And I fell into it as well!! I had a biopsy, mammogram, MRI, PET scan (where they inject radioactive fluid straight into my veins and they warn you not to be around babies for 6hrs!!!)....how can that be good for you?! I have done that several times since my whole experience started!!

Okay, I am off my soap box. I just feel so frustrated that we aren't told what is really going on!!

But, on a happier note, it gets easier every day to be around my, used to be, favorite foods. Kind of like a recovering alcoholic. I know I can't go back or it will be destruction and death. It definitely makes the decision a whole lot easier!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you got to meet Crystal - a positive attitude makes a difference, and meeting people like her and hearing those kind of success stories must make that so much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete