Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blog : #1

I must say that starting a blog was not something I had considered, but the more I learn the more I felt the need to share. I am overwhelmed by the vast amount of knowledge that is out there on how to fight cancer and how to prevent cancer.

So, I guess I need to start with a little history. I was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer in February of 2009. I had an 8cm mass in my right breast that had already entered my lymph nodes and possibly was in my right hip. (They could not confirm my hip just that it looked suspicious.) I went through four months of aggressive chemotherapy and then had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstructive surgery. I went through two months of stretching my muscles to prepare for implants and then started radiation therapy five days a week for six weeks. After a sufficient amount of healing time I was able to finish the reconstructive surgery and have my implants inserted. After having a PET scan in December I was diagnosed as "cancer free". But in June of 2010 I received another PET scan and was told my cancer was back and in multiple spots in my bones. My oncologist told me there was nothing I could do and that this time it would take my life. I DON'T THINK SO!!!

My battle to live begins with a quest for knowledge!! We had three different people in one day recommend two naturalist doctors in Nashville so we called and made an appointment to go see them the very next day. They told us three main things that had to change immediately.

1. My oxygen levels must increase at an absurd level
2. My acidity level must lower and become more alkaline
3. My body must be filled with only raw vegatables

We went home immediately and got on the internet and found crazy amounts of info explaining why these three things are so important. I will try to explain and not jump around too much!! LOL!!

First.... Cancer cannot survive in an oxygen rich environment.
I have found a clinic that I can have hyperbaric treatments. This means I get into a huge duffle bag and they zip me in and raise the pressure while I am breathing 95% pure oxygen. The pressure forces the oxygen down to the cellular level. My naturalist doctors have informed me that I will need to do this for a while since it is in my bones.

Second... Cancer needs acidity to multiply and grow. It thrives in an acidic environment.
I am drinking alkaline water that I get from the clinic. A filter that does this is expensive, but someday I hope to afford it. It is totally worth it for the whole family to consume this water. Also I am taking corral calcium which works to make me more alkaline as well. But the best kind of corral calcium to use is the one from the Okinawan Sea. I found some at GNC.

Thirdly... Cancer is fed by so many things but veggies fight it. I have found that veggies have enzymes that attack the cell walls of cancer. Now I am on a strict diet of juicing, and that is because the juice is full of enzymes (which must be drunk as soon as juiced since the enzymes die quickly) and they go straight into your system and start attacking the cancer cells.
I can't have meat. It is very acidic and it will pull enzymes out of my bloodstream to help digest it.
No sugar either. Of any kind! Cancer feeds on sugar!! It's like its chocolate!!!
No dairy, it creates mucus which the cancer feeds on as well.
Even fruit is only in very, very small amounts because of the natural sugar.
My cancer is driven by estrogen, so I can't eat soy or soy products because it helps to make estrogen. Estrogen is like the engine.

So, in the midst of all of this we had some friends who got me a Health Master. It is like the Superman of blenders!!! LOL!! I highly recommend getting one!! It is awesome for emulsifying veggies and I get to eat the whole veggie not just the juice! It comes with six recipe books...really yummy!!

Before the Health Master, I was juicing around 25 lbs of carrots a week!!! Yeah, that's a truck load of carrots!! The recipe that the doctors gave me calls for carrots, beet, celery, apple, tomato, romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, kyogreen, flaxseed oil, and cayenne pepper. It is actually rather tastey and you can add other spices like ginger or garlic if you want to spice it up. I'll have to post the exact recipe for everyone.

The website where we go to find out what is best to eat and how good it is for you, is... WHfoods.com. It stands for the worlds healtiest foods. It is an awesome wealth of information when you need to know what you can and can't eat.
The other is Hallelujah Acres.com. It has awesome recipes for all natural diets.

80% of your diet should be raw veggies and 20% cooked. Makes for a perfect attack on cancer cells.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for creating this blog, Robin. It will make it easier to keep up with everything that's going on with you between phone calls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog makes me simultaneously elated, hopeful, and SLIGHTLY despondent. As I was thinking of what to write, a visual came to mind of you inside an egg. Wait, wait, I'm getting somewhere with this, I promise. The eggshell symbolizes cancer. But you shall HATCH into a beautiful little... Robin. GOOD GRAVY!! I literally did not even intend to type your actual name until after the three dots! I was thinking "duck" but it OCCURED to me that your true name IS that of a bird!! This metaphor is impeccable! Well, maybe not. But I at least take pleasure in it and shall reflect upon it frequently. This comment is becoming rather lengthy! It's crazy talk!! And with that, I want to remind you yet again that I love you more than I can put into words.
    Piping hot reguards, Reaganite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know why you started this blog...it was for people like me who are overwhelmed with so much information. I've been looking for 20 months for someone who has been healed by totally non-conventional treatments! It has been so frustrating at times!! So, finding your blog is a refeshing encouragement! I have found one other person who used nutrition after surgery and is now cancer-free.

    In October 2008 I found a mass in my breast and in July 2009 I had it biopsied...I regret now having the biopsy done but at the time I didn't know what else to do. I have refused all conventional treatments and choose to use only alternative, natural remedies and believe that God made our bodies to be self-healing! We do need to do our part in living a healthy lifestyle, building up our immune system, detoxifying our body, etc.

    I, too, have read about raw foods (we've been vegan for six years), oxygen, and alkalizing foods. I'm doing all of those things. I have also searched in the Nashville area but hadn't found the resources that you mentioned. What I think I'm looking for is someone who has experience treating the whole cancer process and not just post-surgery cancer. Right now I'm looking for a source to get some blood work done to measure the cancer but I can't get it done without a doctor's order and we haven't found a medical doctor who really supports alternative treatments.

    It's been a long process and we've learned so much! I don't understand the timing of it all but I do believe in God's perfect will and in His perfect timing!

    I just re-read your post...your cancer is back? You might want to research Beta 1, 3D Glucan...in theraputic doses...500mg per 50 pounds of your body weight. And also research different forms of detoxifying your body...I'm planning to do my first coffee enema soon...the caffeine draws toxins from your liver.

    So thank you for being a living testimony for others who are on a similar journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've never been on this journey alone and no doubt you're going to let others know they aren't either. This is an awesome 1st post! I too wish above all things that you prosper and be in health as your soul prospers (3jn2) Love you girl! Keep on walkin' <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin. I'm finally making it out to your blog and I am SO happy you're writing this all down. It's a brand new world isn't it? I think I'm gonna go have a few carrots! You know I'm praying for you. Love you.
    Big sis.

    ReplyDelete