Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blog : #15

I am a little weepy today. My neck is a constant reminder of what I am doing and why. Then I get cards and sometimes with checks inside and I feel unworthy. I couldn't get through this without others help and God knows exactly what we need when we need it and He provides!! It all seems so incredible sometimes! I started on two more different types of pills today and got two checks in the mail for the exact amount of the pills. Only God can do that!! It is special enzymes that won't stay in my stomach but go straight to my blood stream and a special pro biotic. If it wasn't for my neck I would feel like a million bucks! But I can't complain, I've seen so many people who are much worse off than me.

I met a lady on Monday whose vertebrae is ate up with cancer and the doctor's told her she needed to call in hospice. She came to see my naturalists and we talked for about 45min. She said she wasn't done fighting yet and she wanted to live. We stood and cried together...then I get there Tuesday morning and find out she just didn't want to change her eating habits so she wasn't going to come for treatments!!! What are we coming to if we let our love of food keep us from LIVING?!! I know where I am going when the Lord takes me home, but if He will let me stay longer and be here for my kids and my husband and my ministry....then I would like to stay a little longer!! I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I'm thinking she may have just been tired and just couldn't fight anymore. Funny, I look into the faces of those around me and it stirs the fire in me and makes ignoring the pain so easy. If God wants me to fight and do all I can, then I will fight...And Do All I Can!!

On to happier things! My husband's cousin is organizing a benefit in my honor to help pay for my treatments. (Thank the Lord and He gets all the credit!!) It will be in about three weeks, so if you could just mention that in your prayers.... whoever is reading this, that would be wonderful!! Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I were closer so I could give you a hug in real life! You are entitled to weepy days, and you are definitely worthy of help, love, and support. I know you have been there for others your whole life (and still are) - now is the time to let others be there for you, too. We love you, Bird! You inspire me, too, to try to make more healthy decisions now for myself and my family. Geez, now I'm weepy, too. At least I'm in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I love you lady and miss you!! We are both up too late tonight!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete